Weighing hops

So I bought 3 packs at 8 oz each, in the bag they 8 oz exactly. Now I thought I was buying 8 oz of hops, and the bag would make it weigh more… Any of you have the same experience? My scale isn’t high tech, yet when I weigh grains from LHBS and check when I’m home they are so close, I’m content… Sneezles61

The hops should weigh 8ozs without the bag. I buy my hops by the pound from Niko brew and I split them into 2oz baggies and they are right on. I don’t think the bag weighs much regardless

Thats what I am going to do, just too damn busy… I can’t catch up… but even if the bag doesn’t weigh much, its still too much. Sneezles61

Same thing got bunch hops from holland. Their 10oz. So what i did. Indeed my scale super simple. Took the back to a backery the guy did weigh the hops indeed 10 oz. Only thing convert oz to grams. Now got backs of 1 oz

1 Like

The hops are the weight and the bag is separate. The hops net weight is 8oz. If you included the bag it would be a gross weight.

1 Like

Not a lot of difference between the package or loose on my scale. Did put all the hops on the scale to see weight of packed hops or loose both so repacked 1oz packs of hops. Vacume sealed them gonna use them wedness day for a. Imperial blond ale. Recipy. By the way best thing i ever did buy a food vacume seal machine at amazon

1 Like

Come on, the best thing?

2 Likes