Victory Brewing - Yakima Glory

I had a Yakima Glory for the first time the other day. Its a delicious Black IPA. Really great malty and rich flavors with an overload of hops punching through. Its a shame that its a seasonal beer. Oh well…better stock up!

Dang, hope some of that makes it’s way to northern Michigan, everything I’ve had from Victory has been delicious. . . mmmmmmm Stormking. . .

Great beer…buddy of mine from high school and college that got me into homebrewing is one of Victory’s head brewers. Deep garnet/dark reddish brown color is a little lighter than some of the other beers of this style, but the hops are more than enough to get me past the color.

I agree, this is a really good beer. I love Casacade Blacks but they are so hit and miss. Either to much roast or not enough hops (or too much of both). “hop in the dark” by Decshutes is my other favorite.

Im not a big fan of black ipas but enjoyed this on tap. I usually avoid because i expect a black beer to taste like a black beer, malty, a little sweet, low hops. Struggle to put together the sight and taste.