Very weird carbing issue

First post in a long time.

i seem to be having a carbonation issue. i am currently trying to carbonate DVBIP. When i keg i typically set the pressure at 30 for 48 hours then drop it down to 8-10 and let it go. usually within 7 days carbonation level is where it needs to be. I went through the same process with this beer. It has been about 2 weeks and the last 48 hours with the pressure turned back up to 30. Carbonation level is extremely low. you can feel some in the mouth but by looking at it you would think there was no carbonation at all. I am completely stumped on this one. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance

Tim

Not a kegger myself,
But I believe I’ve read of this problem being a result of oils from the vanilla floating on the surface and blocking the Co2 from dissolving into the beer. Can happen with chocolate oils and coffee oils too.

[quote=“Scott Miller”]Not a kegger myself,
But I believe I’ve read of this problem being a result of oils from the vanilla floating on the surface and blocking the Co2 from dissolving into the beer. Can happen with chocolate oils and coffee oils too.[/quote]
+1
Shake the keg a couple times a day to disrupt the oil until the keg is carbed to your liking.

If you have threaded disconnects, switch the connectors so you can put gas on the “out” side. Getting the CO2 to the bottom of the keg and bubbling up.

thanks guys, after a little bit of rolling around on the floor she is all carbed and ready to go.

I have that same problem every time I try to carb a keg of DVBIP. Rolling the keg around a bit worked for me too.