Very Sad Today

I just ran out of my first batch of Le Petite Orange… the keg blew some foam and it was gone. :cry: This has to be one of my most favorite brews so far. The balance was perfect and the moderate amount of hops and orange were perfect to my tastes.

My wife and I managed to power through the keg in about two weeks. It is now here favorite as well.

Next batch is in the keg carbonating… We are trying the American Wheat Beer… four more days and it’s bottoms up… :cheers:

My condolences. I make a dry-peeled American wheat beer for my wife, I’ll drink it in the summer.

I feel your sorrow. Mine blew foam at me over the weekend and the next batch just went into the secondary. Sigh.

It has to be one of the saddest sounds in the world. I hope you had another batch in the works.

I had a similar experience with a “white” IPA that I brewed in December. It had been one of my favorite batches and the keg went WAY before it should have. I had to scramble to re-brew another batch.

Blowing a keg can be a nice thing, though, when you have something new waiting to take its spot in the keezer.

Right now I’ve got an empty faucet (1 out of 6) and it will be another three weeks before I can fill it with one of three batches currently in progress. :frowning:

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]
Blowing a keg can be a nice thing, though, when you have something new waiting to take its spot in the keezer. :frowning: [/quote]

I have been brewing a lot lately and had quite a backlog that needed to get into the kegerator. Damn things just kept pouring and pouring. One day 3 of my 4 taps all kicked within minutes. I was so happy. 3 weeks later, two new ones kicked. What the hell? Golf season, I guess :cheers: