Vanilla Porter Extarct Kit

Wanna make one for my father in law. His 71st birthday is at the end of may and he loves VP. can anyone reccomend a good 5 gallon extract kit? i havent got into all grain yet

I would take a porter kit you like and rack it to the secondary adding 3 vanilla beans. Simply split the beans down the middle with scissors. Leave in secondary for 3-4 weeks. You might consider a vanilla cream porter, just add 8 oz lactose with 10 minutes left in the boil. I have made several batches like this and it’s very tasty. Good luck.

I just finished kegging my first AG batch - the Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter. I missed the OG by a fair margin but it still turned out quite well. Totally drinkable. There’s a partial mash version of this one too.

Not a Vanilla Porter, but I also really liked the Tall Grass Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Stout. NB has a Partial Mash version that. Could be a good option.

I did the Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter partial mash kit. It is the only partial mash I have done. Turned out well. Vanilla seemed too strong after two weeks but then really mellowed out after about a month. Almost too much, oddly enough.

[quote=“Chris-P”]I just finished kegging my first AG batch - the Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter. I missed the OG by a fair margin but it still turned out quite well. Totally drinkable. There’s a partial mash version of this one too.

Not a Vanilla Porter, but I also really liked the Tall Grass Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Stout. NB has a Partial Mash version that. Could be a good option.[/quote]

Here’s a pic of the Dry Dock Vanilla Porter AG I just finished. Got some nice lacing on this one

Ok, so i ended up with a extract porter kit last week. brewed it on friday. made a vanilla extract with 20 beans and a shot of vodka.

Did you add it all to the porter? :shock:

I’ve used vanilla a couple of times in a porter. I got a chocolate flavor in the finished beer. Might need to brew another. :cheers:

Good looking beer, Chris-P. Whenever I try that, it dumps in my lap. :wink:

Did you add it all to the porter? :shock:

I’ve used vanilla a couple of times in a porter. I got a chocolate flavor in the finished beer. Might need to brew another. :cheers:

Good looking beer, Chris-P. Whenever I try that, it dumps in my lap. :wink: [/quote]
i havent added any of the vanilla extract yet. i’m gonna add 1/2 of the oz in the secondary to start and see how it tastes after a reading. it’s only been in the primary for 5 days. took a gravity reading today. sipped the beaker. tastes absolutly awesome.

[quote=“Chris-P”][quote=“Chris-P”]I just finished kegging my first AG batch - the Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter. I missed the OG by a fair margin but it still turned out quite well. Totally drinkable. There’s a partial mash version of this one too.

Not a Vanilla Porter, but I also really liked the Tall Grass Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Stout. NB has a Partial Mash version that. Could be a good option.[/quote]

Here’s a pic of the Dry Dock Vanilla Porter AG I just finished. Got some nice lacing on this one[/quote]

Must be hard to drink if it stays in the glass at that angle! bahaha :cheers: