Vampire Slayer

Wow, I really like this beer from Clown Shoes.

“Imperial American Stout, made with dark malts, holy water and malt smoked locally with hickory, ash and vampire killing stakes”

Sounds total marketing gimmicky but this beer is good.

Dark brown with tan lace and smells of fig newton, chocolate and malt. Not much lace but pretty good head retention, smells better after 20-30 minutes but tastes great cold too. Tastes like chocolate with dark fruit and a vanilla? finish. Carbonation seems a little high and lends to lighter mouthfeel than I was expecting from such a big (10%) beer. Also kind of expensive for a 22 ozer at $9.99, however with that price tag in mind I plan on buying another 3-4 bottles if I can get my hands on it to save for a while.

If you like big stouts, you will probably like this one.

Hard to believe that a brewery called Clown Shoes would resort to gimmickry. :wink:

Some other beer names from their site:

• Eagle Claw Fist[/*]
  • Tramp Stamp[/*]
  • Blaecorn Unidragon[/*]
  • Supa Hero[/*]
  • Chocolate Sombrero[/*]
  • Muffin Top[/*]

Personally, I’d be worried about people thinking my brand was a joke and not buying the beer. Different strokes, I guess. Have you had any of their other beers?

Who would want to drink a beer called “Muffin Top”? Maybe they’ll do a Freakin’ Uber Pale Ale (“FUPA”) next? :wink:

Edit: Those guys make a lot of interesting beers and obviously love hops. They say they sell in Texas - going to have to keep an eye out for a bomber or three.

How about a brewery with a name and subsequent beers in pig latin? You’d sound drunk before taking the first sip. Neat.

[quote=“a10t2”]Hard to believe that a brewery called Clown Shoes would resort to gimmickry. :wink:

Some other beer names from their site:

• Eagle Claw Fist[/*]
  • Tramp Stamp[/*]
  • Blaecorn Unidragon[/*]
  • Supa Hero[/*]
  • Chocolate Sombrero[/*]
  • Muffin Top[/*]

Personally, I’d be worried about people thinking my brand was a joke and not buying the beer. Different strokes, I guess. Have you had any of their other beers?[/quote]

I picked up but have not yet tried:
Blaecorn Unidragon
Supa Hero
Eagle Claw Fist
Hoppy Feet 1.5

All the Clown Shoes are new to my area (Northern Maine) and when I saw them I picked up what I thought I would like. I will let you know how the others are.

One thing that I noticed on the bottle of “Tramp Stamp”, is the tatoo the girl has on her lower back is a beer bottle!

up-yea. :mrgreen: