Using Worth to backsweeten

Trying to leave the sugar out of my beer, was wondering if someone tried the German method using new worth to backsweeten for bottling?
as I do not always brew when I bottel could I save (freeze or bottle) worth in that volume?

how much would I need /gallon

[quote=“Fraggel76”]how much would I need /gallon[/quote]I think this is why most people don’t mess with it - there’s probably an easy way to calculate, but the volume added would depend on the OG of the wort you’re adding and you would change the volume of the bottled batch, too.

I tried it twice before I decided it wasn’t worth it. It kinda worked, bt was unreliable and offered no advantage to priming with sugar.

You can, can wort with a pressure canner

If you want to avoid sugar, how about using DME? Priming calculators usually include that as an option.

If you are trying to back sweeten, you are going to need to kill off the yeast. Otherwise any fermentable sweetener will… ferment.

Lactose might be an option.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]If you are trying to back sweeten, you are going to need to kill off the yeast. Otherwise any fermentable sweetener will… ferment.

Lactose might be an option.[/quote]

I think he really meant “to prime” based on his description.