Useing bacon?

for me being a home brewer means being able to try new things. ive never had a bacon beer but have heard good and bad things about it.so why not try it.im sure before almost everybody started homebrewing they had their go to comercial beer,i know i did. and since ive become a brewer its hard for me to drink that beer.its a hobby that i love so why not try new things.i bet if your wife or girlfriend said lets try something new in bed tonight you wouldnt say ewww no way !! lol :cheers:

Unless it involved spoiled bacon in beer.

Good luck dude.

ok,im NOT putting the actual bacon in the beer.im thinking of putting the bacon infused jack in.

There is a link HERE
http://www.free90free.com/peshchat/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3754
to a post on our local board. This guy is smart and a good brewer so take a look to see what he did. I did not taste this beer, btw. Cheers.

[quote=“Ken Lenard”]There is a link HERE
http://www.free90free.com/peshchat/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3754
to a post on our local board. This guy is smart and a good brewer so take a look to see what he did. I did not taste this beer, btw. Cheers.[/quote]
thanks for posting that. that is the method i was going to try.i dont know why anyone would think i would put the actual bacon in the beer?? im not the smartest guy on the earth but i do know that putting the bacon in the beer would spoil.so i think what im going to do,since its a maple bacon porter,add maple syrup to secondary then add the bacon jack a little at the time and taste before bottling. if it sucks my taste test buddies wont say,its free beer for them.plus the SG was 1.080. :cheers:

[quote=“jrflowers2”]
thanks for posting that. that is the method i was going to try.i dont know why anyone would think i would put the actual bacon in the beer?? im not the smartest guy on the earth but i do know that putting the bacon in the beer would spoil.so i think what im going to do,since its a maple bacon porter,add maple syrup to secondary then add the bacon jack a little at the time and taste before bottling. if it sucks my taste test buddies wont say,its free beer for them.plus the SG was 1.080. :cheers: [/quote]

Because you didn’t specify what you were doing.

People soak wood in whiskey, then add the wood to the beer. Not the whiskey.

Did you see the pic of the guy’s beer? That head is spectacular for a beer with what amounts to bacon grease added to it. Good luck… I hope it comes out exactly as you envision.

seems pretty specific to me

that did look good

seems pretty specific to me[/quote]

Yes, your post on page 2 was specific.

Original post you don’t specify your process.

Homebrewing is sometimes about experimenting. Brew on! :cheers:

seems pretty specific to me[/quote]

Yes, your post on page 2 was specific.

Original post you don’t specify your process.

Homebrewing is sometimes about experimenting. Brew on! :cheers: [/quote]
ok,not gonna cause a stink here.its actually the 3rd post from the top of page 1. again,sorry i forgot to mention that till later. :cheers: