Upper Mississippi Mash-Out 2013

Registration is open for UMMO '13.

It’s the 12th year for one of the largest, most competitive homebrew comps in the nation. This year’s theme is The Dirty Dozen. We’ll have an array of 100% brett-fermented beers with a unique new brett strain isolated by Pour Decisions Brewing Company brewer Kris England.

This year’s speakers are two titans of homebrewing: Joe Formanek and Steve Piatz.

See all the details here:http://www.mashout.org

Go straight to registration:2019 MINNESOTA MASHOUT Competition Registration

Hope to see you in the Twin Cities at the end of January.

Steve Fletty
UMMO Co-founder

I paid for my entries today. This year I’m entering two categories that I’ve never entered before, Strong Scotch Ale and Specialty Ale.

J

Think I’ll enter some recent lagers, I’m pretty happy with them but wouldn’t mind some feedback. Also planning to volunteer, the event is not far from me and it’ll be fun to help make it happen.

do I dare enter something?
sure would like to…
8)

This might have to be my first competition. I’ve got a few bottles of bigger brews sitting around and some decent stuff coming down the pipeline.

This last MN State Fair was my first competition and I got some good feedback on my beers. I don’t plan to enter a ton of competitions but will likely continue to enter a few beers in both the State Fair and this event.

This last MN State Fair was my first competition and I got some good feedback on my beers. I don’t plan to enter a ton of competitions but will likely continue to enter a few beers in both the State Fair and this event.[/quote]

I wanted to get into the State Fair comp but didn’t really have any beer that I really liked or any beer that I really wanted feedback on so I waited and waited and then the deadline passed. I don’t really want to mess with packaging beer because I’m super lazy so these ones around MN seem to be the way to go for me

Same reason I only plan to enter the local ones, plenty easy to drop the beers off at Norther Brewer when I’m grabbing supplies.

I forgot to mention that one of the gold medal beers for UMMO 2013, not necessarily the best of show beer, will be chosen by Pour Decisions Brewing Company to be brewed commercially as a special release.

Only one week to go to the entry deadline. The entry cap of 1000 is 3/4 full.

With less than a week to go the entry cap is almost full. Get your entry in ASAP.