Updated) Too much water to carboy? Plinian Legacy extract kit

I made the Plinian Legacy extract kit today. I accidentally added 2.5 gallons water to the carboy. The recipe called for 2 gallons of water. Is it going to be junk, or just terribly watered down?
I used 2 packs of Wyeast 1056, will that help the ABV at all?

Nah, you should still be fine. You added about 10 % extra water for a 5 gallon batch. Not the end of the world. I’ve done worse.

I agree. Will likely make little difference.

That will reduce the head space so you may want to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t blow out. If it looks like it might you can drop the temperature to slow it down.

Thanks for all the replies, I have a 6.5 gallon big mouth bubbler. Hopefully it’ll be okay.

To be safe you could install a blow off tube. The airlock can be replaced when the fermentation begins slowing. Have the end of the tube in a small amount of sanitizer and the container at the same level as the bottom of the fermentor or lower to prevent suck back.

I put a blowoff tube tip in a 1 gallon jug of sanitizer.

Quick update, I am using a 6.5 gallon carboy with a blowoff tube in some sanitizer. The Big Mouth Bubbler lid tried to come off so I had to put some weights on the lid to hold it down from the very beginning. Its surprising to me that there is only a 3-4 inch Krauzen established 48 hrs in. It is fermenting in a closet where the temp is running 62-64 according to the thermometer on the carboy. I was expecting an eruption! I see a lot of action from the yeast however. I suppose I won’t worry.