Undercarbonated Dead Ringer

I bottled a Dead Ringer 5 gallon batch on 11/16. After two weeks in the bottle I opened one to test. Had a great foamy head on it and was awesome. Had a few more, same thing. Opened 3 up yeasterday and one today that were not very carbonated but still has good taste. Will it carbonate with more time, or does it usually end after a few weeks.

If some bottles are carbed and some are not, you probably didn’t keep your priming sugar mixed in.

They will continue to carb until the priming sugar is consumed, assuming sufficient yeast and warm temps.

That’s why the proper amount in each bottle is important.

What temp are they at now?

It’s also possible that you didn’t get a good seal on your caps, and CO2 is slowly seeping out.

[quote=“mrv”]If some bottles are carbed and some are not, you probably didn’t keep your priming sugar mixed in.

They will continue to carb until the priming sugar is consumed, assuming sufficient yeast and warm temps.

That’s why the proper amount in each bottle is important.

What temp are they at now?

It’s also possible that you didn’t get a good seal on your caps, and CO2 is slowly seeping out.[/quote]

They are at around 65 degrees. They have been for two weeks. The caps seem to be on tight. I tried to twist all of them when I bottled and none moved.