Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Twisted Pretzel Wheat

Hey everyone, not sure if you all have tried it, but the limited edition Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat is amazing. Ive gone though 21 6-packs in just a couple weeks. Of course I share with everyone, I couldnt possibly drink that much.
But anyway, im here wondering if anyone has any idea how they make the pretzel flavor? I want to clone that beer but have no idea where to start? Any suggestions?

1 Like

Well hopefully someone will get around to this as a clone. Just tasted it for the first time and I think I found a good beer to go along with my nachos.

It is amazing beer in my opinion. Just wish I knew how they got that flavor.

Can’t get that here, but I want to know more. Does the pretzel flavor include saltiness?

As a total shot in the dark (and no idea if this is what they did), the first thing I’d try if wanting to create a flavor like that would be use a 50/50 mix of wheat and dark munich malt, bitter with noble hops and ferment with a lager yeast. And I’d use enough salt that you could distinctly taste it.

You know I don’t remember. I will have to sit here and sip it sometime this weekend and try to post up the flavors I get from it.

They use a flavoring to make it taste like pretzel. I wish it was something more artful or crafty, but the bottle says its flavored.

Despite that the beer is still pretty tasty, but not something I would regularly buy. My 2 cents.

I came across that beer in the store a week or so back. I was really excited for it but then I tasted it and ended up drinking just one. Not impressed and wont buy again.

There is a distinct pretzel smell but the flavor doesnt end well imo

How did this recipe turn out?

Never had it but everything I read says it’s a dark wheat Belgian with minimal hops and some residual sweetness. Toasty pretzel taste could come from roasted malts

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com