Trading

I find it a bit strange that there isn’t a trading thread that runs on here. Is there a forum rule against it?

If not, I am interested in swapping some San Diego (and other Cali stuff I can get) for some of the stuff from back east that we don’t get.

I can get specialty Stone stuff, anything Alpine, Ballast Point, Lost Abbey/Port Brewing, Alesmith, as well as a host of other fantastic yet lesser known breweries (Lightning, Mother Earth, Hess etc.) and stuff from other parts of California (Firestone specialties, Bear Republic, Kern River etc).

I am particularly interested in Goose Island and Founders.

Anyone interested?

LOL, I’d pay with my first born for a few cases of Young’s London Ale. No longer exported to the US. :cry:

I’m interested !! We have several great lesser known breweries all around here Blue pants , Good People , Straight to ale, Sweetwater, Red brick just to name a few. We usually have a great selection from Founders as well. This past weekend I tried the Founders breakfast stout and It’s very tasty. If your interested let me know and I will make a list of some of the brews I can find around my area.

I would be interested. I’d like to get my hands on some Pliney since everyone talks about it. I’ll have to verify the goose island…after sandy is done with us of course! Still have power and winds are not too bad yet, but town next to ours has lost power to 100% of the people.

I can get Pliny the Elder on the regular. The Russian River Sour stuff is a bit spottier, I can usually get supplication or sanctification. I can ALWAYS get damnation.

If your interested with anything from Southerntier Brewing then count me in. These folk make some tasty brew.

I haven’t really shipped beer but does someone have an idea of costs involved?

Would love to try some West Coast stuff. I have access to most Midwest and some East Coast stuff. Great Lakes, Bell’s, Founder’s, and Goose Island. I would be willing to swap if it’s not outrageous or a PITA to ship. Might be perfect timing with the Holidays approaching.

Probably not as fun as trades, but I’ve ordered from France44 and had good experiences getting a few brews that I can’t get in KC. The downside is, shipping is very expensive, but I expect that will be the case for trades as well unless you’re doing a handful of single bottles.

http://www.france44.com/browse.cfm/buy- ... 2,176.html

Some noteworthy breweries: 21 Amendment, Boulevard, Bells, Founders, Victory, Surly, Deschutes, Great Lakes, and Epic

I do know that sending two 12 oz bottles using USPS it’s pretty close to $9 dollars on average. So for a couple of bombers i’m thinking it would be pretty close to $20 give or take a few. UPS may be a better option

It is illegal to ship beer through USPS, you must use FEDEX or UPS and yes it can get pretty expensive. Count on $20-$25 dollars for about 4-6 beers or a few bombers.

OOPS. Learn something new everyday !!

It is illegal to ship beer through USPS, you must use FEDEX or UPS and yes it can get pretty expensive. Count on $20-$25 dollars for about 4-6 beers or a few bombers.[/quote]
…and UPS and FedEx have a policy that they do not ship alcohol unless the sender has appropriate licensing.

What mama don’t know won’t hurt.

It is illegal to ship beer through USPS, you must use FEDEX or UPS and yes it can get pretty expensive. Count on $20-$25 dollars for about 4-6 beers or a few bombers.[/quote]
…and UPS and FedEx have a policy that they do not ship alcohol unless the sender has appropriate licensing.[/quote]

Right. It has been my experience that they may have a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy when it comes to that. I usually create my shipment on my computer then drop it off at an authorized shipper, no one has ever asked me what’s inside.

I’ve shipped “yeast samples” via UPS before. I guess since I’m bottling from the keg now I can’t say that with any credible integrity. :slight_smile:

+1 on shipping yeast samples.

+1 on shipping yeast samples.[/quote] Or it could be " grain samples ". Or…?

I’ve thought before–being from Kansas City–if I ever had to ship beer, it would be “BBQ sauce.” Nobody would doubt that for a second.

Spy,
Can you get Stone’s Epic Vertical 12-12-12?

For sure.