Top 5 commercial IPAs

I have!

Dislike list:

NB Ranger - actually anything with Simcoe I think!
Sculpin
Monkey Fist
Troegenator

Really never been much of an IPA drinker but I like Bells TH though as others here have said it’s border line PA/IPA. My HB version is 60+ IBU and like Greg I think mine is better. I like cascades and centennial. Going to brew an IPA with Lemon Drop hops soon as they sound intriguing.

More into malty beers I guess but I want to try some of the ones mentioned here.

Do you share the recipe?

Do you share the recipe?[/quote]Sure thing! All my recipes are posted on the Google drive and the link is on the top of my recipe page here
http://www.mullerbrau.com/Recipes.htm

Not my fav list

Dfh 60 min
SA rebel ipa
Sweet water Ipa?
Magic hat (not sure the name of the beer)

These are not bad but most seem under hopped for an IPA. I also don’t like 90% of black or belgo IPA.

[quote=“Ken in MN”]I too am a HUGE fan of the film High Fidelity, watching it a minimum of several times a year. In fact, why hasn’t somebody brewed a giant, over-the-top IPA and named it Sonic Death Monkey yet??? (Okay, I’m calling dibs on that name!) My Top Five Favorite IPAs to date are:

[/quote]

I care not of your dibs, I’m doing this.

1. Summit Saga
  2. Sierra Nevada Torpedo
  3. Sierra Nevada celebration
  4. Bauhaus Sky-five
  5. Deschutes Chainbreaker

Okay, I’ll play.

1. Fresh Squeezed
  2. Furious
  3. Townhall Masala Mama
  4. Two Hearted
  5. Enjoy By

My top 5 are

1. Maine brewing - Dinner
  2. The Alchemist - The Crusher
  3. Alpine brewing - Nelson
  4. Revolution brewing - Unsessionable
  5. HIll Farmstead - Abner

[quote=“MullerBrau”]Sure thing! All my recipes are posted on the Google drive and the link is on the top of my recipe page here
http://www.mullerbrau.com/Recipes.htm
[/quote]
Thanks!

I’m a little burned out on Heady (sound like a hipster don’t I), but I would put Fiddlehead on my list. They actually use a light touch of noticeable bittering hops, which seems rare these days but I enjoy it. They pour this more in bars, but they are canning more. A couple of weeks ago they were offering cans of Second Fiddle, and they had cars parked a mile past the brewery. I think they are going to blow up.

I love Lawsons. That guy is a genius.

I wished left-coast beers traveled better. I always ask myself “wouldn’t this taste much better at the brewery?” Most of the time it seems the hop essence has gone to seed.