Too nice not to brew!

It’s 70 and sunny in Virginia today and I have the afternoon off. Blonde Ale BIAB mashing in! :cheers:

The weather guessers are calling for snow here the next few nights.

This makes me wonder why I am moving from Maryland to New York.

Then I drive on I-95/I-495/I-695 and I remember.

Gotta take advantage of the weather. I had to do the same thing last Sunday!

[quote=“Pietro”]This makes me wonder why I am moving from Maryland to New York.

Then I drive on I-95/I-495/I-695 and I remember.[/quote]
I guess it depends on where you’re going in NY. I drive up to Long Island often. That drive is no picnic.

I love brewing on nice days…but i have also been known to brew in the rain and snow…one of my best beers i made was on a rainy day

not a nice brewday here, just got 5 inches of snow.

Rain I can deal with. Snow I can deal with.

That forsaken wind though. Stop blowing!

[quote=“Pietro”]Rain I can deal with. Snow I can deal with.

That forsaken wind though. Stop blowing![/quote]

Ain’t that the truth…worst weather to have on brew day is windy no question

Where in VA are you, Danny? I’m down in the 804 area and it sure was a very nice afternoon today.

Cheers.

[quote=“Pietro”]Rain I can deal with. Snow I can deal with.

Stupid wind in MD has been blowing 15 mph for a week. Howling tonight.

[quote=“560sdl”][quote=“Pietro”]Rain I can deal with. Snow I can deal with.

Stupid wind in MD has been blowing 15 mph for a week. Howling tonight.[/quote]

Give me a gas burner and I’ll brew beer after the power goes out during a hurricane here in Florida… Priorities fellas, priorities!

:cheers:

[quote=“panduji68”][quote=“560sdl”][quote=“Pietro”]Rain I can deal with. Snow I can deal with.

Stupid wind in MD has been blowing 15 mph for a week. Howling tonight.[/quote]

Give me a gas burner and I’ll brew beer after the power goes out during a hurricane here in Florida… Priorities fellas, priorities!

:cheers: [/quote]

Ha ha, that is exactly what I did during Hurricane Sandy. Brewed outside during the storm as storm was making landfall. Then a day later, the Bay Bridge was closed due to wind and I was stuck home, so I brewed another.

I’m going to give that two thumbs up!!!

[quote=“alphastanley”]Where in VA are you, Danny? I’m down in the 804 area and it sure was a very nice afternoon today.

Cheers.[/quote]

I’m up in the northern piedmont. Little place called Bluemont right next to the mountain about halfway between Leesburg and Winchester out route 7.

[quote=“dannyboy58”][quote=“alphastanley”]Where in VA are you, Danny? I’m down in the 804 area and it sure was a very nice afternoon today.

Cheers.[/quote]

I’m up in the northern piedmont. Little place called Bluemont right next to the mountain about halfway between Leesburg and Winchester out route 7.[/quote]

South of you in the Piedmont area of NC. Our weather didn’t get past “meh” yesterday and today is not looking better. In fact, the whole weather picture seems to be heading into the crapper for the weekend now.

[quote=“fightdman”][quote=“dannyboy58”][quote=“alphastanley”]Where in VA are you, Danny? I’m down in the 804 area and it sure was a very nice afternoon today.

Cheers.[/quote]

I’m up in the northern piedmont. Little place called Bluemont right next to the mountain about halfway between Leesburg and Winchester out route 7.[/quote]

South of you in the Piedmont area of NC. Our weather didn’t get past “meh” yesterday and today is not looking better. In fact, the whole weather picture seems to be heading into the crapper for the weekend now.[/quote]
It’s beautiful here again today. Spring-like weather that we seldom see for long in this area so excuse me while I gloat. It will be 90s and humid and buggy soon enough.

I’m in Baltimore and I cherish the spring/fall. I grew up in Western NY (and am moving back there in a week) and people here are always asking me how I possibly deal with the winters. My response is that it is essentially the same thing as the summers here: you don’t really go outside all that much. I also prefer to be cold than hot as its way easier to warm up for me that to cool down (without a body of water or pool).

The Mid Atlantic has definitely had a weakish spring for the most part. That and the fall in my mind are how Mid Atlanticans are rewarded for dealing with the disgusting schweatiness of the summers. I mean its honestly terrible. Unless you work IN a pool.

Moving back to WNY people are always ragging me about the winters. (I say this now) I honestly don’t mind the winters themselves. I love downhill skiing, want to start X-country, love to hunt, and brew, all of which are great cold-weather pastimes. I’ve never been steelhead fishing either which I hear is amazing on Lake Ontario. What I think I am going to have a hard time with is this time of year, when you are coming out of winter, and getting nickel and dimed with this 50 and rainy nonsense.

As I say that, its supposed to be 70 and sunny for the next 10 days up there!

We’re just not that far away and here’s the next few days for me:

Today May 02 Mostly Cloudy 67°/48° 20 %
Fri May 03 Partly Cloudy 70°/46° 10 %
Sat May 04 Cloudy 64°/51° 10 %
Sun May 05 Showers 63°/53° 40 %
Mon May 06 T-Showers 62°/54° 60 %
Tue May 07 T-Showers 68°/52° 50 %
Wed May 08 Few Showers 73°/53° 30 %

Certainly nothing to jump up-and-down about. The weekend forecast has become sketchier by the hour. Wish my electric system was ready now.

[quote=“fightdman”]We’re just not that far away and here’s the next few days for me:

Today May 02 Mostly Cloudy 67°/48° 20 %
Fri May 03 Partly Cloudy 70°/46° 10 %
Sat May 04 Cloudy 64°/51° 10 %
Sun May 05 Showers 63°/53° 40 %
Mon May 06 T-Showers 62°/54° 60 %
Tue May 07 T-Showers 68°/52° 50 %
Wed May 08 Few Showers 73°/53° 30 %

Certainly nothing to jump up-and-down about. The weekend forecast has become sketchier by the hour. Wish my electric system was ready now.[/quote]
Yea big difference. We’re looking at upper 60s/low 70s and sunny into next week.