Too late to use the starter I made?

I am brewing an Oktoberfest as soon as I can. I planned on brewing on last Wednesday. I started the the two step starter about 3 weeks ago. The second step starter has been cold crashing for a week now. I only wanted to cold crash for 4 days until brew day, but I had to work every day(12 hour shifts) and time is the factor. The yeast is in a flask with tin foil covering the top sitting in the temp controlled freezer at 35 degrees. I am planning on brewing now tomorrow morning when I get home from work. Will this starter be OK yo use? Or is it too late for it?

It will be just fine. Brew on! :cheers:

The rules of thumb I’ve heard are: No worries up to 2 weeks, feed the yeast again if it’s been more than a month, and in between it depends on what kind of OG you’re working with.

Thanks fellow brewers for the peace of mind. I never made a lager or a two step starter before and thought I may have to trash the starter and push back the brew day another month. Tomorrow is the day unless I am forced to work which happens from time to time.

The stuff is toast. Toss it.

:roll:

[quote=“Nighthawk”]The stuff is toast. Toss it.

:roll: [/quote]

Well…I suppose I’ll just take a chance and see what happens.

[quote=“Bier brauer”][quote=“Nighthawk”]The stuff is toast. Toss it.

:roll: [/quote]

Well…I suppose I’ll just take a chance and see what happens.[/quote]

:wink: