Tongue Splitter done in 2 days?

Just brewed up an extract batch of this and used S-33 and there are no more bubbles at all. I did have a nice krausen for about a day and some fermentation, but now nothing. I have swirled the carboy once per day to stir things up a bit.

I did have the yeast in the fridge for about a month, but did not think that would matter. Do I need to get another pack and pitch more?

Take a gravity reading.

I thought about that…but was trying to stay away from it and use it as a last resort.

I have read FG should be around 1.010, sound about right? OG was about 1.044, a little low, but close.

EDIT: Just checked it and it’s about 1.020…

Is there anything else I can do other than pitch more yeast?

All my extract batches ended with FG in the 1.020 range. IMO it’s probably done. Adding more yeast will not do anything.

Leave it alone for 10-14 days so the yeast can clean up and possibly drop a few more points.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]All my extract batches ended with FG in the 1.020 range. IMO it’s probably done. Adding more yeast will not do anything.

Leave it alone for 10-14 days so the yeast can clean up and possibly drop a few more points.[/quote]

Is this really going to be a 3.2 % beer? :slight_smile: It better taste spectacular have good body because I could buy a bunch of PBR for $30…hahahaha

You ought to be able to get it down at least a couple more points if not closer to 1.012 with that low an OG - rouse the yeast once or twice a day and make sure it’s at ~70F for another week at least, see if the yeast will do a little more work.

It’s only been 2 days? RDWHAHB!

Here’s a tip:

1. Brew your beer
  2. Pitch yeast
  3. Walk away from the fermentor for AT LEAST 7-14 days
  4. After 7-14 days, take a gravity reading

:cheers:

EDIT: 3.5) Brew your next beer!