To wash or not to wash that is the question

after brew day is done and you clean and store all your stuff, do you then clean and sanatize all your equipment again before you use it. Or do you just sanatize all before , or only sanatize anything that would touch the wort after you taking it from the hot side to the cold?

I clean and sanitize both after brew day and on the following brew day. Takes another 5 minutes and avoids the off chance of anything that can ruin my brews.

Excessive, perhaps, but so is the art of homebrewing.

Clean everything on brew day after I’m done, no sanitize. Then,
sanitize anything that touches wort after boil
sanitize anything that touches yeast.

cheers

I only sanitize what contacts cooling or cooled wort. I put equipment away freshly cleaned and keep it covered so it is ready to go. The next time I don’t clean or rinse since it was clean when put away and everything will get heated to boiling in short order.

[quote=“StormyBrew”]Clean everything on brew day after I’m done, no sanitize.
sanitize anything that touches yeast.[/quote]
Same here.

+1 To what Stormybrew outlined.

[quote=“StormyBrew”]Clean everything on brew day after I’m done, no sanitize. Then,
sanitize anything that touches yeast.

cheers[/quote]

Ditto. I’m heavy with sanitizer on everything after the boil, but there’s no benefit in using it after cleanup. I only brew a couple times a month, at most, so I wouldn’t trust the equipment to be remotely sanitized by the next brew day.

The only thing I sanitize after cleaning and then again before use is hose.