To brew, or not to brew

haha yes you start to think did i add this or that and make mistakes . me like to start my brew session here around three not so warm any more outside . finish around six . have a few beers than.

In the hot months I like to start early and be done by 11 before it gets hot. In the cooler months I brew during the warmer part of the day. I change up my routines with the seasons.

KROBB my OG was 1.052. Don’t know why it wasn’t right on but I wouldn’t worry about it. How did you like doing the full vs partial boil?

Enjoyed the full boil. Just one extra step For me because of the brew pot I have. Had to transfer to a smaller pot to chill it. Told the wife Father’s Day is looking like an immersion chiller kinda day!! I’ve learned one thing through my short time in home brewing… I’m a paranoid Brewer!! Ha! I have just had to say… Let it go!! It’ll be ok!! Hard to do sometimes. I’m prone to worry about every little thing, yet all three brews that I’ve tried were wonderful! That being said… I just need to Relax and brew on!!

1 Like

Chances are since you boiled the fruit the pectin will likely cause haze in your beer and it won’t clear.

I have so much to learn​:joy::joy::joy:guess it’s really time to break down and actually READ How to brew…

Luckily it was just one small orange so it might not be too bad.

have a beer relax
hahaa me same thing try to do it perfect
but learn lots the last few months while on this forum

As of this past July, I’ve been brewing for 46 years (all grain for only 21 of those years). I joined this forum about 7-8 years ago and I’m still learning. If you’re really passionate about anything, you never stop learning about it. To be honest I have, in fact, learned quite a bit on this forum from folks who have been brewing fro far less time than I have (and while I’m still an opinionated bastard, being here has opened my mind quite a bit (And without a can opener!)
If you ever decide you’ve learned everything there is to know, there’s probably still a lot more to learn. For me, every single batch is another lesson.
:sunglasses:
Cheers!

3 Likes

Jus curious about how your process has changed over the years. Care to elaborate?

1 Like