Timing question for splitting 2 gallons

I just started my first 2 gallon batch of mead.Its been in the fermenting bucket for 1 day. My plan is to stir for 3 days add addittional nutrients then split off 1 gallon to a glass jug for sweet mead and another gallon to glass jug and add fruit juice after a week. My concern was starting them in the glass jugs is the fermentation would be too vigorous and I would get blow off.

Any advice on this would be appreciated, does the timing seem ok. Should I leave in the fermenting bucket for full primary and add fruit juice to secondary in the glass jug? If I do this ,will there be enough active yeast to convert the juice sugar in secondary.
Thanks

[quote=“BruJudge”]I just started my first 2 gallon batch of mead.Its been in the fermenting bucket for 1 day. My plan is to stir for 3 days add addittional nutrients then split off 1 gallon to a glass jug for sweet mead and another gallon to glass jug and add fruit juice after a week. My concern was starting them in the glass jugs is the fermentation would be too vigorous and I would get blow off.

Any advice on this would be appreciated, does the timing seem ok. Should I leave in the fermenting bucket for full primary and add fruit juice to secondary in the glass jug? If I do this ,will there be enough active yeast to convert the juice sugar in secondary.
Thanks[/quote]

Three days seems too soon to me.
It takes a really long time for so much yeast to drop out that the juice wouldn’t ferment.

I was thinking about a week, but that may be too soon also. I want the juice to ferment but retain some flavor. If it is too dry in the end, I back back sweeten. Do you think a week, a month or somewhere in between is the right time.

What was the O G? The higher it is the longer you should wait.

Starting O.G was 1.092. I need to get a refractometer as I only have 2 gallons to work with. If I get the final gravity down to .998 or so, I will have 12.5% ABV.