Thoughts on End of the World IPA

What are your thoughts on this recipe? Tasting the wort left me with a hugely malty profile, that however, should go down.

http://hopville.com/recipe/1669196

Also how many days should I leave my Homegrown Cascade in there? After fermentation is done, I plan on transferring to a keg with hops. But how many days should I leave the hops in there?

Looks good, I like the simplicity. Bitterness is on the low end of the IPA range, but I think you will have a nice beer on your hands.

For dry hopping 1-2 weeks is the rule of thumb. I usually do 10 days

Looks good. I like the grain bill - pales don’t always need caramel.

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]Looks good, I like the simplicity. Bitterness is on the low end of the IPA range, but I think you will have a nice beer on your hands.

For dry hopping 1-2 weeks is the rule of thumb. I usually do 10 days[/quote]

I agree, but I am not a huge fan of super bitter IPAs, I like the Hop Aroma and flavors but not the bitterness, that is why most of the hops are late additions.

[quote=“brans041”][quote=“S.Scoggin”]Looks good, I like the simplicity. Bitterness is on the low end of the IPA range, but I think you will have a nice beer on your hands.

For dry hopping 1-2 weeks is the rule of thumb. I usually do 10 days[/quote]

I agree, but I am not a huge fan of super bitter IPAs, I like the Hop Aroma and flavors but not the bitterness, that is why most of the hops are late additions.[/quote]

Nice. Looks good. Just noticed you have a 3 day dry hop. Usually people do it for a week or so. Any particular reason for a 3 day dry hop?

I was assuming the recipe means you add it at day 3. But it is still going strong, so I will be waiting another day or two.

I was assuming the recipe means you add it at day 3. But it is still going strong, so I will be waiting another day or two.[/quote]

I would as it even later. At least 1 week