Thoughts of this system for sale

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/for/3312524328.html

Been searching for a cheap set up, found this. What do you guys think? Dont even know if he still has it but if he does, 75-100$ ?

Regulator looks fair at best, it appears that the clear cover is missing from one of the gauges

Towers are not cheap, but I am guessing this needs work and parts.

Sanke connector is nice to have, but not much use for homebrewing

Refrigerator is junk.

$50-$75 max and I think if you look, you can do better

See my post in your other posting :roll:

Its all junk except the sanke adapter and c02 tank. I wouldn’t buy, but that is my opinion.

You must only brew and serve your beer in commercial quality, commercially available stainless steel and have zero “ghetto” equipment in you home?

First off, congrats to BEER4U for the purchase of your new equipment. I’m sure you will put it to good use.

You must only brew and serve your beer in commercial quality, commercially available stainless steel and have zero “ghetto” equipment in you home?[/quote]
I think it was more about there being better deals out there.
Here is an example of a tank and reg that I purchased last week. I only gave $45 for this tank with current cert. and the reg.
[attachment=0]2012-10-05_21-53-19_244.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”]First off, congrats to BEER4U for the purchase of your new equipment. I’m sure you will put it to good use.

You must only brew and serve your beer in commercial quality, commercially available stainless steel and have zero “ghetto” equipment in you home?[/quote]
I think it was more about there being better deals out there.
Here is an example of a tank and reg that I purchased last week. I only gave $45 for this tank with current cert. and the reg.
[/attachment][/quote]

Depending on where you live, deals like you came across may never appear. Possibly you were extremely lucky and someone was desperate for some cash to put food on the table?

For what the OP paid (listed the the other thread, still don’t understand why there are 2), he picked up a deal. For brans to call everything junk is disingenious. Everything has a value. After a hurricane hits somewhere, batteries for a flashlight are worth gold. 100 miles away they are worth $2.99.

IMO, because these items do not show up on my local CL, he pickup a good deal. Unless you keep an eye on his local CL, you can’t make a judgment.

I agree that I do not think it was junk and pricing may be completely dependent upon the area that you live. I fund my brewing by buying and reselling brewing equipment and those types of deals are very common in my area. The key is searching for people who do not know what they have. They commonly list items under the wrong key words.

I agree a few years back I bought 6 brand new in the box regulators for $15 ea the lady said they moved into this shop and they just wanted to sell them as they didn’t know what they were for.

If I remember right they had them listed as pressure gauges wish they would have had more.

Or you could just come across a friend that moves into a new house and finds 2 CO2 tanks with one regulator and has seen that you use them so he just gives them to you.

Or you could just get lucky like I did when I went to a place that sold welding supplies also filled CO2 tanks and was just bought out by another company.
They had two brand new 2.5 lb tanks that did not show up in any of the inventory that they had bought so I made them a $40 offer for both and smiled all the way home.

@Nighthawk,

The OP asked for my opinion, I gave it. If you want to call my opinion different from yours, that is fine. However, I am entitled to my opinion, and I shouldn’t have my opinion or myself attacked for speaking my mind.