Thought I'd share

https://www.ctpost.com/shopping/article/alcohol-home-same-day-delivery-and-subscriptions-15166791.php
I like Drizly you can get snacks as well

My wife got a weird offer from splash.com : 15 “overstock” wine bottles for $85 one of which allegedly has a value of $30. There’s this whole “hurry before we run out” pressure, and I found that “$30 value” bottle for more like $20 elsewhere. The offer’s page is total BS, “inventory low; sell out risk high” and every now and then there’s even an alert that pops up saying “Random Schmuck from Someplace purchased …” It basically reeks of “Internet scam” but it looks like there is a real subscription service at Splash wines. So I figured YOLO and ordered.

That “woah, scam-alert“ offer actually delivered to me, and even if it’s not the AMAZING DEAL it claims to be, it is still a lot of wine for pretty cheap. Full disclosure: While I’m a beer snob, I’m usually quite content with a Bota Box wine. Basically, I wouldn’t know decent wine from pope’s blood. It’s been kinda fun playing “wine roulette” during our lock-in.

1 Like

Your a closet wine snob admit it

2 Likes

Remember Justin Wilson? “The Cajun Chef”? I gar-on-tee! I remember him talking about wine paring; IIRC, it went something like this…

<you are required to read this with a Cajun accent in your head>

People ask me, what kinda wiiiiine go with chicken? And, What kinna wiiiiine go with pork? An’ I jus say, whatever kinna wiiiiine you got!

I wish I could find that clip online… In my house when “wiiiine” goes on the grocery list with 4 or more i’s like that, it is well-known shorthand for “whatever white box wine is on sale”

I do like a nice rich red with grilled steak, though. Not snobby, maybe a wannabe snob.

3 Likes

The test for snobbery is if you take a sip and refuse to finish it. If you take sip and turn your nose up but then finish the glass along with the rest of the bottle your not.

1 Like

So does that mean I’m just a good old-fashioned drunk? Haha!

5 Likes

No rocks being tossed from this glass house!

3 Likes

I’ve had about 4 or 5 amazing bottles of wine that truly made me understand that there is good wine out there that can change one’s perceptions. Typically I don’t really care. Learning to make beer made me into a beer snob however. I’ll still drink whatever I’m offered.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I know I saw that movie. Can’t remember the name of it

“Sideways”, it is one of my favorites, good movie to chase away the plague blues, just sayin’

1 Like

Thats hilarious

I loved watching his old cooking show! He told some hilarious stories.

great movie!

I was in Tahoe a few years ago…wait…hell it was my 50th birthday so that’s been 12 years…haha…anyway…the bar at our hotel had a merlot for $14 a glass. I said it’s my birthday so I’m having a 14 dollar merlot just for the hell of it. Of course it was overpriced but Wente became my go to merlot after that.

1 Like