It’s all good.
I shot for a 90 minute mash but ending up closer to a 115 minute mash by the time my sparge water reached temperature. The recipe suggested an OG of 1.050. I got 1.053 so I’m happy. My efficiency is usually close to 80-85% so normally my OGs are higher than stated recipe OGs by 5-10points. At +3, I’m higher but not as high as I’d normally expect with my system.
The runnings looked normal and after the boiling and chilling to 52F, I pitched my yeast.
It will obviously have enough sugar to produce a representative ABV: my main concern is whether or not the final is too “thin”. Proof will be in the pudding as they say and regardless, it will be beer.
I recorded numerous notes for lessons learned and will pick up a second thermometer on my next trip to my LHBS.