The Weather Outside is Delightful:

For chilling my wort. This procedure is a little prolonged when the pool is in the 80-90’s. Now that we’re in the low to mid 70’s, chilling takes about 30 minutes. Saturday evenings brew; Bold Irish Ale.

Cheers Beerheads (as I’ve seen it written)

Brother PopTop: You are now stealing my greeting! You must cease and desist. :o

I love the idea and I also have a pool so you have my mind running at the moment. The only issue I have is that the garage, brewing area, hose and spigot are quite far from the pool. When it’s winter, my ground water alone makes for 212° to 60° chills in about 10 mins. Backyard looks nice!

Cheers Beerheads! :wink:

Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery :wink:

I brew out back so this always works for a 5 gallon batch. 10 gallon batches although rare for me stay off to the right under the lanai. I then use a pump submerged in a cooler full of ice and water.

It was a nice night to brew.

Wow, nice. It’s unseasonably warm here. I brew inside though since I have an awesome stove that boils 5+ gallons.

68° here in Chicago today. Making a batch of MLPA tomorrow and I think it’s supposed to be in the mid-to-high 50s… not bad for early December! Remember, one person’s global warming is another person’s Hey… it’s nice out! :slight_smile:

Man, my wife and I need to get to the WC soon!

You’re always welcome but I don’t know, Man… you got a pretty good gig down there too!

I think I’d hate Florida, too hot and humid all the time…right? I like Iowa because, here, we get 4 seasons and I like that. The first snow is wonderful. I named my last extra pale ale “First Snow” pale ale. I’m looking forward to it, although this warmer weather is certainly okay too. It’s like early spring without the bugs!

I’ve lived in SFL all my life. It has its ups and downs like any place. If I don’t hit any lights from my front door to the beach is about 5 minutes :cheers:

We just hit record highs of mid 80’s a few days ago here in Dallas. OTOH my family/friends in Germany are getting record snow fall and record low temps. Go figure …

I hate this out of season warmth. (despite the savings in our heating bill). I hope winter come back with a vengeance.

Deep down, I know you’re right. If it was always the same temperature or if I lived in FL or AZ, I would probably take the warmer weather for granted. But I have to admit that I enjoy spring and summer much more than fall and winter. I enjoy the cooler weather, the holidays and some amount of snow. But January, February and March are brutal. No football or baseball to take your mind off of it either. I picked up a slightly used convertible last December and somehow we had this glorious, 80° March in 2012 and I was driving around with the top down for practically the entire month! That was a big boost to the mood. Cheers.

Yeah, March last year was weird, then it got all March like in April. But yes, I would take Los Angeles weather for granted and get very tired of it. I need the change, it helps you appreciate the other seasons much more.
I love fall and winter because you can always put more clothes on, but in the summer, you can never take enough off and you’re still too hot.

Deep down, I know you’re right. If it was always the same temperature or if I lived in FL or AZ, I would probably take the warmer weather for granted. But I have to admit that I enjoy spring and summer much more than fall and winter. I enjoy the cooler weather, the holidays and some amount of snow. But January, February and March are brutal. No football or baseball to take your mind off of it either. I picked up a slightly used convertible last December and somehow we had this glorious, 80° March in 2012 and I was driving around with the top down for practically the entire month! That was a big boost to the mood. Cheers.[/quote]

I’m in Maryland, and I know what you’re saying about 4 seasons. Part of me relishes the warmth of the spring and summer. Then I kinda realize it’s the CHANGE of the seasons that I look forward to. Fall is pretty nice here in So MD, but today I got my first beautiful Baker Creek Seed Catalog and I’m chomping at the bit to place my orders for Tomato/Vegetable seed and welcome spring.

I need to get my ass in gear this winter and figure out all grain brewing, get my shiznit in order and get to brewing.

The waters of the Chesapeake around me insulate our place in the fall. When the cold temps hit, the warmer than air waters keep my area from frosting. In the spring, we get our first real warm day and when I hit the bridge near my house the temps drop 10 degrees because the water is cold from the winter.

I love where I live. I just need my baby to be born healthy this holiday season and more beer in my life. In that order:)

Early happy holidays to everyone.

Chris

this is the best time of year. lately winter has been coming later here in southern ohio so it seems like fall sticks around til january. highs in the low 60s and a little frost overnight but warms up quickly in the morning.
fall is definetily great brewing weather

[quote=“SolomonsCommune”]

I’m in Maryland, and I know what you’re saying about 4 seasons. Part of me relishes the warmth of the spring and summer. Then I kinda realize it’s the CHANGE of the seasons that I look forward to. Fall is pretty nice here in So MD, but today I got my first beautiful Baker Creek Seed Catalog and I’m chomping at the bit to place my orders for Tomato/Vegetable seed and welcome spring.

I need to get my ass in gear this winter and figure out all grain brewing, get my shiznit in order and get to brewing.

The waters of the Chesapeake around me insulate our place in the fall. When the cold temps hit, the warmer than air waters keep my area from frosting. In the spring, we get our first real warm day and when I hit the bridge near my house the temps drop 10 degrees because the water is cold from the winter.

I love where I live. I just need my baby to be born healthy this holiday season and more beer in my life. In that order:)

Early happy holidays to everyone.

Chris[/quote]

+1, sounds like you live close to me! Hope all goes well with the baby