The Waiting

so I brewed my first batch 2 weeks and 1 day ago…according to the directions I have another week before I can bottle it…that was the Caribou Slobber…then I guess a couple weeks bottle conditioning before drinking it.

all this waiting frustrated me, so I bought another bucket and kit and brewed my second batch 8 days ago It is the Smoked Peat Porter…3 more weeks to bottle that…also followed by a couple weeks of bottle conditioning

running both in just the primary…directions said 2 weeks in primary then add a week if not using a secondary.

and now I am sitting here thinking on getting yet another bucket and brewing a third batch while waiting, although it probably wouldn’t go over well with certain others in the house

also thought of starting to use a secondary, just so I can have something to do.
already washed my bottles like 3 times…

ugh…I didn’t envision being this impatient :expressionless:

its therapeutic to vent, thanks for listening.
:cheers:

Yes, waiting is difficult. Especially when you don’t have a stash of brew already bottled. Just keep brewing and before long you’ll have a decent stockpile.

You can never have enough fermenters going at one time… :cheers:

[quote=“pointyskull”]
You can never have enough fermenters going at one time… :cheers: [/quote]

you may be right…who needs a basement anyhow :smiley:

Just do some craft beer research. But some crafts and decide what is next on the brew calendar. :cheers:

Welcome to the obsession

This is why I brew atleast 2 batches a month. Saturday will be my 25th of the year. This is always something ready to be kegged. Usually I have to wait on an empty keg. I run four primaries, two secondaries, and have five kegs. I usually have atleast three in primary at all times.

You don’t have to wait after you get your pipeline full.

Yeah getting into a rhythm and cycle helps out the waiting immensly. Plus keeps the stockpile up.

AFAIC you could bottle that caribou slobber now, i would check the final gravity but at 2 weeks fermentation should be complete and the yeast have had plenty of time to clean up after themselves. I regularly keg, bottle, or transfer to secondary at around 2 weeks just so that my primary can be open for another batch.

so if I were to bottle the slobber after 2 weeks…it would just be an extra week or so in bottle conditioning?
kinda like using the bottles as a secondary?

hmmmm not following directions is always tempting to me… 8)

I did attempt a gravity reading last week…and drank the little sample I took and it DID taste like brown ale…albeit very flat brown ale, but brown ale just the same :shock:

don’t know what the gravity reading was because (as I pointed out in another thread) I didnt know how to ready the stupid thing (now I do)

wonder what the FG for slobber should be approx…I know its different for all but still…

:cheers:

I must now ponder that I have something to do tonight :smiley:

I recommend brewing some quick turn around beers. This is really easy on NB’s web site by doing a sort eliminating all but the 4 week recipes. My recommendation for a quick turn around beer is the Cream Ale. PS my wife knew I’d gone to the dark side when she caught me going down to the rec. room with a drill to put holes in her refrigerator for the tap handles. After 32 years of marriage it’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission.
On tap: ESB, Cream Ale
Conditioning: Southern English Brown Ale
Secondary: Kolsch
Primary: Toasted Oatmeal Cookie Brown Ale
Bottled for the holidays: Smashing Pumpkin, Orange in the Toe Red Ale, Olde Sussex Barley Wine.
Ondeck: Black IPA With my first Brewer’s Gold hop crop.