The Bubbler?

^ ah, that makes sense. I use glass, and my graduation lines seem to be accurate to the T. if they aren’t, i’m oblivious too it, which is good enough for me

learn something every day :cheers:

[quote=“mahoni”]I agree…

“We’ve gone to the drawing board to focus on the important dimensions that help deliver a more consistent and high-quality product. This is no plastic water jug, it’s a carboy with details where they count.”

…It would be nice to know what those details are.[/quote]

marketing

[quote=“grainbelt”][quote=“mahoni”]I agree…

“We’ve gone to the drawing board to focus on the important dimensions that help deliver a more consistent and high-quality product. This is no plastic water jug, it’s a carboy with details where they count.”

…It would be nice to know what those details are.[/quote][/quote]

Why don’t ya’ ask them “what those details are”? :cheers:

I just received the 5 gal “Bubbler” a few weeks ago and it is very nice. Not too thin and very structurally sound. I’ve never owned a “Better Bottle” so I can’t compare it to one of those. The Bubbler PET carboy has www.affordableplastics.com stamped on the bottom so that tells me it’s probably not made by Better Bottle. Who knows though. The Better Bottle may outsource their manufacturing to the same company. Anyway, I would like to know which one is thicker as I’ve heard that Better Bottles can be cracked or damaged simply by picking them up the wrong way when they are full. Read something about a tennis ball but not sure I understood it. Does anyone own both the Bubbler and a Better Bottle?

Thanks,

HQ

[quote=“hqstyles”]I just received the 5 gal “Bubbler” a few weeks ago and it is very nice. Not too thin and very structurally sound. I’ve never owned a “Better Bottle” so I can’t compare it to one of those. The Bubbler PET carboy has http://www.affordableplastics.com stamped on the bottom so that tells me it’s probably not made by Better Bottle. Who knows though. The Better Bottle may outsource their manufacturing to the same company. Anyway, I would like to know which one is thicker as I’ve heard that Better Bottles can be cracked or damaged simply by picking them up the wrong way when they are full. Read something about a tennis ball but not sure I understood it. Does anyone own both the Bubbler and a Better Bottle?

Thanks,

HQ[/quote]

better bottles can crack from chemical getting in small cracks on the base, same thing that can happen to these

My buddy received his Bubbler carboy and I was comparing it to my Better Bottle. The Bubblers are definitely more rigid than the Better Bottles. I don’t think you’d have to worry as much about suck back when you’re picking up a full carboy. The plastic on the sides at the base of the carboy is probably the most flimsy, which isn’t a big deal since you’d never pick it up by that part.

that would be the main spot I pick them up. Usually put them in milk crates but you tip them place hand under and grab by the neck