Thanks to everyone here I just went from bad to worse

Everyone here is in trouble with my wife. I am new to this hobby since last January. I have been working on one brew at a time. Tonight I just realized that I have gone over the deep end :blush::blush::blush:. I have a keg in the fridge wait to carbonate so I can bottle. I have a imperial iPa that is almost done that I just added the dry hopp addition and a starter going for this weekend. I think I am hooked on this hobby. :beer::beer::beer::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

One sip of some home brew and she will be helping to mash in! Sneezles61

2 Likes

You will definitely need to keep a supply of beers on hand that she likes. There may be a drawback to this though. You might always have a willing brew partner.

Hah! Such a rough life

Be sure to drink all yer beer, theres sober peeps in other places on the world! Sneezles61

Haha yes know the feeling same here. But did brew some beers she likes. And it all did make it right. With her its the smell .but the good thing me drink at home and not so much at a bar with the brothers. Some how dont understand at home ok on the street she dont like it. So beer brewing at home and drinking keeps me in line

Ha, my wife rolls her eyes at me, says it looks like a PIA and drinks Miller Lite. She doesn’t mind though and bought me my rather pricey brewing sculpture for a birthday/Christmas present almost nine years ago.

Tell her at least it’s a hobby that keeps you home. Could be out all the time golfing or hunting or whatever. Not saying anything bad about those hobbies. :grinning:

1 Like

My wife doesn’t drink but she is supportive. My brewing keeps me out of the bars and in the basement. Plus she likes the griain crushing and helps with the mash in. And she’s a good capper.

My wife was supportive of my brewing when I started, but she really got excited about it when she found out I could use most of the same equipment to make wine. It is when I started making sparkling wine that she basically started making sure I could have enough time to brew - provided I made sure we always had something she liked in stock.

My wife and I brew together, bottle, and drink what we brew. Its something we enjoy doing together and we make it fun. That’s what its all about for us.

Trust me @Shawn1 it gets worse. One day you’ll look around and regardless how many kegs you have lined up you’ll feel like you need more…and another/bigger chest freezer for lagering…maybe a walk-in lageing closet…etc…etc…

2 Likes

Is that bad? Now I’m worried

Try twenty years of it. You should see the gadgets I have collecting dust. Sell them? Of course not. There may come a day when I will need that whatever it is again. A Hoff Stevens commercial keg tap. Might come back in style. Thirteen kegs? Might be a day when they are all full.

No, it never ends.

1 Like

That may be a scary thought, keeps you in the basement! Sneezles61

1 Like

Called hoarding. Yer kids won’t even be impressed when… well, you know. Sneezles61

1 Like

You’ve never seen my basement two keggerator a two tvS and a killer sound system she’s lucky I ever leave

Just remind her of the alternatives. You could be out getting blasted and chasing loose women. Instead you’re down in the basement obsessing about your water treatment and counting bubbles.
All I’m saying is it could be a lot worse…:smile:

1 Like

I can’t afford to go out. I spent most of my money on booze and loose woman and wasted the rest

2 Likes

We don’t have a basement. Sure wish we did to have a cooler place for my beer. More room for brewing equipment too!

1 Like

We’ve got a basement. it has brewing stuff, brewed stuff, wood stove, neat stuff stuck to the ceiling, did I say old brew stuff yet? Sneezles61