Temperature controller recommendation

Hey everyone. I have an ±10 year old Edgestar kegorator. Over the weekend I went to pull a pint of beer and nothing came out. I realized that I had two partially full kegs of beer/cider in there that were pretty much frozen solid. I believe that the thermostat crapped out and the fridge was running continuously. Instead of replacing the thermostat, I was thinking of just hooking up a temperature controller. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one I should get?

This isn’t going to answer your question but how empty is the freezer section of your fridge? A sure fire way to mess up a fridge is to have an empty freezer. I keep gallon buckets of water frozen in our work freezer because it will runs too often without a mass of cold helping it because nobody uses the freezer and it would be empty otherwise.

2 Likes

Add the Johnson A419
Sneezles61

1 Like

There is no freezer compartment. It’s just a fridge.

1 Like

I will check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

Me do like inkbird controlers. Easy in use

1 Like

I have had good luck with inkbirds as well. And they are pretty inexpensive so you could buy a spare to have on hand.

1 Like

Inkbird for the price can’t be beat.

2 Likes

HEY, Welcome back Loopie!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Thank you to everybody for the suggestions. My LHBS didn’t have the Inkbird in stock, so I went with the Johnson A421. It works great and seems to be a quality product. The funny thing is the LHBS had it cheaper than anywhere I had seen online.

2 Likes

You’ll be happy with the Johnson Controller. I have two and they(knocks on wood) have worked great for years.

Mine gets a hiccup once in a very great while… The rubber end of my mighty Estwing hammer straightens it right out… I’m very happy with mine…
Sneezles61