Tap a draft system

is it worth it?
I am nowhere near getting a corny system and bottling kinda stinks. I have read if used correctly it can but decent, i am just wondering if its worth dropping 70 bucks on. I am not against a little fine tuning if it can be made to work decently.

Thanks Lonnie

No experience with TaD’s

Have you read the thread on the 5l mini kegs? A paint ball tank can be adapted to this system and save money by no using the mini cartridges.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61167

I’d echo one of the reviews of the TaD from the NB product page: “not bad, not good.” That was basically my experience with them back when they came out in the late 90s/early 2000s. They more or less perform as advertised for at least the first few uses. The tap itself is poorly constructed and you will go through a fair share of gas cartridges, so you could debate the relative cost over time. Ultimately, it is what it is considering construction, materials used, etc. – not bad, not good.
Unless refrigerator space is the primary consideration (which, truthfully, would be one of the primary reasons to invest in this beyond initial cost and portability), a used 5 gallon corny kegging system (minus the CO2 tank) is no more than a 50% additional investment in price (typically less – shop around). If I had to do it all again, I would have skipped the TaD entirely and went directly to a corny kegging setup. YMMV.

I’ve got it and TBH, it was a waste of money. Worked well for a few weeks/batches. then began leaking CO2 as the o-rings began to deteriorate. I bought new ones (kit from NB) but they are such a pita to remove and replace that it’s just not worth it.

If it was only $10-20, then ok, but at near $70, it’s just a huge waste of money, for the “previledge” of pouring a draft…which is not really draft as you MUST carb with priming solution…CO2 is for dispensing only.

just my 2 cents.

:cheers:

Thanks for the input I am going to shop around for a corney system and or try the paintball C02 5liter bottle way. Thanks!