Sweet, we can stop home brewing now

Co worker bought some, smelled and tasted like soy sauce.

A friend of mine that works at Northern Brewer said they got some in for product testing and it actually made one of their beers brewed by a guy in customer service palatable.

Soy?.. Maybe the stuff is good to squirt on Sushi?

Bad beer and smelly fish; ex-wife roll?

I would honesty enjoy the “taste” of BMC over this stuff.

Finally got to try this tonight - Happy Independence Day by the way. As I mentioned, I ordered several of these for friends as gag gifts. The first went to brother-in-law in Georgia. I haven’t heard any feedback yet. Tonight, I have the second to my friend for his birthday amidst our 4th July Party. I’ll cut to the chase and say we laughed hard for a solid 10 minutes at each others reactions. We tested the Pale Ale in a can of Name Tag. It was terrible. At first, there’s a sweet, candy-like, green apple sort of flavor. That’s followed up by what I think is supposed to be malt flavor, but isn’t. It tastes fake, reminds me of dates or molasses. Whatever the flavor is, it isn’t good and it lingers.

[quote=“erockrph”]I bought some out of morbid curiosity. It’s freaking horrible. I think it’s actually primarily acetaldehyde. Here’s my full tasting notes over on the AHA forum:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/f ... #msg203321[/quote]

Erock… first of all, it’s very cool that you went out of your way to buy it, test it and then report back on it so we would all know that our suspicions were confirmed. I’m very, very sorry that you had to endure that but hey, someone had to try it! Cheers and thanks for posting that.