Sweet, we can stop home brewing now

Check out this ‘Great’ (insert sarcastic tone) product…

take a domestic beer (i.e. bud, coors lite etc) and add a few drops of this stuff to turn it into a glorious craft beer.

um… ya right…

This product (I guess) is real. Not sure really what to say except WTF

http://ontapbeer.com/

facebook video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151465503279671

shut the f@@K up! who would buy that, it has to taste like crap.

Wait a sec while I check the date… Oh ,I guess it’s not April 1 after all.
The tragedy is there will be fools that use it(and swear by it)
Oh well- to each his own. Me, I’ll always RDWHAHB :cheers:

Can’t wait till I hear some New fangled Craft Beer Enthusiast who thinks that Blue Moon is a top notch beer, try to explain how this makes a beer much more intricate to some girl he’s trying to score with. friggin hipsters

This should fade away pretty quickly.

I was at a craft beer fest yesterday with about 25 breweries and I showed this stuff (the website) to some of the brewers I knew there. They were appalled.

Criminey, it’s “MiO” for beer. Unbelievable.

:lol: It even looks like the same container.

Personally, I like MIO, I put a couple of squirts in my water when working out, and it’s pretty good. I also like Cherry Diet Coke and Cherry Coke Zero, but no one stocks them in the vending machines I use for some reason. Mio adds a little something to a plain diet soda, so similar concept; perk up a plain beverage with added flavor.

Fruit punch MIO, great idea; Beer MIO, Ewwww.

One Facebook commenter had an intriguing thought:

Could two wrongs make a less wrong?
Maybe it could help those unfortunate souls forced to drink gluten-free beer too.

But still, Ewwww.

Need one brave person to try it and post an unbiased review.

Agreed. Someone pick up a bottle and then go get some Old Milwaukee’s Best Light and see if you can turn it into Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. How else will this young company make money? Right now they only have American Ale and Pale Ale. We need Oktoberfest and Doppelbock, Belgian Pale Ale, stout, Czech Pilsner and Red Lager too! :expressionless:

I pretty much had the same reaction to this as Bluto Blutarski when he sees Ken Dorfman’s face on the overhead projector.

Thanks! Now I know what I’m taking to the gag-gift exchange next Christmas.

When I shared this with my wife, she pointed out that several of my buddies have birthdays in the next month (2 neighbors that are fellow brewers, and my best friend who grew his passion for beer while being stationed in Germany over the past several years).

So…I don’t have to wait til Christmas to use these as gag gifts. I’ll report back after we try them. The hard part will be purchasing crappy beer to try this product with (I hope nobody sees me).

Wow. Such a ridiculous product. Anhiser-Bush’s last ditch effort to get into craft beer? Lol.

Maybe you can purchase it with some less embarrising items, like tampons, condoms and foot fungus cream.

The website says: “Just squeeze a few drops of one of OnTap’s great flavors in to a glass of beer and you’ll get a unique and great tasting beverage” …sooo the end result of using their product is not quite “beer” per se? Jeez.

[quote=“fullhousebrew”][quote=“Brick1083”] The hard part will be purchasing crappy beer to try this product with (I hope nobody sees me).[/quote]Maybe you can purchase it with some less embarrising items, like tampons, condoms and foot fungus cream.[/quote]Or dog treats, peanut butter, lube, and sleeping pills.

Maybe you can purchase it with some less embarrising items, like tampons, condoms and foot fungus cream.[/quote]

What’s embarrassing about buying that stuff. :roll:

I bought some out of morbid curiosity. It’s freaking horrible. I think it’s actually primarily acetaldehyde. Here’s my full tasting notes over on the AHA forum:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/f ... #msg203321

[quote=“erockrph”]I bought some out of morbid curiosity. It’s freaking horrible. I think it’s actually primarily acetaldehyde. Here’s my full tasting notes over on the AHA forum:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/f ... #msg203321[/quote]

That is really to bad. It would great if you could have this on hand if you were stuck somewhere that good beer was not available like when all that is around is the convenient mart full of budmilcoors. Sounded pretty bad and too good to be true.