Sweet Stout question

I’m currently brewing the Sweet Stout extract kit from Northern Brewer. It was in the primary for 2.5 weeks. It’s been in the seconday for 1 week now. I was planning on a full 3 weeks secondary, as the recipe calls for 2 - 4 weeks. Does anyone have experience brewing this kit and if so, what timeframes worked for you. My ferment temperature for both prim and secon. has been a steady 62 to 64 degress F in my basement. I know that’s towards the low end of preferred temps, which can be a good thing, but does that mean I should allow it to sit for longer? I’m so anxious to try this beer it’s driving me nuts. Running low on the only other beer I’ve ever brewed (Irish Red).

Never brewed it but give it another week and then bottle it. That will give it another 2 weeks of aging at least.

Wait for it…wait for it. I’m a big believer in “want it bad, get it bad”. If NB recommends longer, give it longer. they’re the experts on their beer.

Home brew really benefits from patience. Don’t rush it. If you run out of the irish red before your stout is ready, just go out and buy a six-pack or two of the commercial stuff (stout) to hold you over. But keep one bottle to compare with your stout. Nothing like a little comparo to really appreciate the quality of home brew.

cheers.

Thanks fellas. That’s what I needed to hear. I knew deep down I had to wait if I want good beer. I feel like a kid asking “when is it Christmas time”, when’s it’s still July.