Surly Darkness Day?

Has anyone been to Darkness day before?

I have tried to make it down the last 3 years but always end up with conflicts. I am hopoin got make it down tomorrow but have a couple questions for anyone who has previously attended.

I saw on the surly website that they are only handing out 1,500 wrist bands. Do they start handing out the wristbands at 11:00 or when you get in line?

Do they run out of wristband? If so, what time does a person need to get in line to get a wristband?

The website states that the crowd thins out around 3:00 and suggests coming at that time. Would they still have bottles available for purchase at that time or only taps?

Thanks

Roddy

I finally tried some Darkness last year when a local brewpub secured a keg. I have to say - meh. I didn’t think it lived up to all the hype. It was good, but there are a lot of other good RIS’s out there too. YMMV. The huge hoopla of Darkness Day might be kind of cool, but I just don’t get off on throwing money at bottles. I think I’d rather spend the day brewing my own RIS.

[quote=“El Capitan”]I finally tried some Darkness last year when a local brewpub secured a keg. I have to say - meh. I didn’t think it lived up to all the hype. It was good, but there are a lot of other good RIS’s out there too. YMMV. The huge hoopla of Darkness Day might be kind of cool, but I just don’t get off on throwing money at bottles. I think I’d rather spend the day brewing my own RIS.[/quote] I agree I have traded for several bottles and I wasn’t that impressed either not to say it was bad i just thought it was alright but the bottle was awesome.