Super deal on large brew kettles

[quote=“tom sawyer”]My 10gal arrived Friday. A few minor dings around the top lip, and the lid doesn’t sit just right although I can probably fix that. Bottom is clad and the kettle is excellent quality. I have to drill holes for the thermo and valve then I’ll take it for a spin.

I’m happy I saw this post![/quote] nice man!

[quote=“tom sawyer”]My 10gal arrived Friday. A few minor dings around the top lip, and the lid doesn’t sit just right although I can probably fix that. Bottom is clad and the kettle is excellent quality. I have to drill holes for the thermo and valve then I’ll take it for a spin.

I’m happy I saw this post![/quote]

How do you drill your holes? I got one of these and would really like to put in a thermometer and valve.

I bought a step bit. Got mine from Harbor Freight I’m sure Lowes or Home Depot carry them. You drill a small pilot hole, then use the step bit to enlarge it to the right diameter. Takes all of about a minute. I’ve done this on a couple of kettles now. Have to say, even though I don’t absolutely need it I do like having a thermometer on the kettle. Damn things are kinda expensive though.

[quote=“JamesC”][quote=“tom sawyer”]My 10gal arrived Friday. A few minor dings around the top lip, and the lid doesn’t sit just right although I can probably fix that. Bottom is clad and the kettle is excellent quality. I have to drill holes for the thermo and valve then I’ll take it for a spin.

I’m happy I saw this post![/quote]

How do you drill your holes? I got one of these and would really like to put in a thermometer and valve.[/quote] make sure you keep the bit and surface of the SS well lubed and go slow with the step bit.

Adventures in homebrewing was having some rediculous deals on kettles and free shipping. Might still be going on…