Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Sunday Brew Day Fun Day?

Went to church this evening in anticipation of getting up early to brew tomorrow morning. Gonna do 10 gallons of Pre-Pro lager. Any kindred spirits out there?

Just crushed the grains for a Czech pilsner I’m planning to do tomorrow.

Gonna brew an amber black pepper ale today. First BIAB attempt. Supposed to be sunny and in the 30s here today.

I’m brewing a wheat porter today:

5 lbs 2 Row Pale Malt US (2.0 SRM) Grain 44.4 %
4 lbs 8.0 oz White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 40.0 %
1 lbs Caramunich III (60.0 SRM) Grain 8.9 %
12.0 oz Midnight Wheat (550.0 SRM) Grain 6.7 %
1.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [12.90 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 39.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [12.90 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 0.0 IBUs
1 pack Nottingham

The best part about brewing today is that I got to use my new 3 roller mill

for the first time and the new burner stand I built this week. The new mill blasted through 11# of grain in less than a minute!

[quote=“pkrone”]Went to church this evening in anticipation of getting up early to brew tomorrow morning.[/quote]You can miss church once in a while to brew, my signature use to say “I’d rather be brewing thinking about god than be in church thinking about brewing.”

I’m be brewing an Irish ale today for an event that my club is doing. Everybody is brewing the same recipe on their equipment and using their processes. We’ll be tasting them at our March meeting. It will be very interesting to see how similar/dissimilar each beer is.

:cheers:

Maybe I was praying for an awesome brew day. Heh. :cheers:

Hope everyone had fun today

That sounds like an interesting experiment. Would love to hear the results.

Went the other way for me, Brewed Saturday during the day to free up Sunday morning. Made a cini-raison-nut-brow ale.

That wheat porter looks interesting, and crush time…wow.

I’d love to set in on the Irish Red club meeting too.

I gotta get more people started brewing in my area.

I tell ya, I admire you guys that are bold enough to make such interesting sounding beers like the black pepper or cina-raisin thing. I’m just unwilling to take that risk to avoid ending up with something that sounded cool, but I don’t like. Good for you. I just stick to making the stuff I know I like and buy the stuff that sounds different.

If you find something different sounding that you like, Google for a clone recipe. Then you too can brew your own different-sounding brews…

You can always split a batch too. Hedge your bet as it were. Do 3 gl as is, try something different with the other 2 gl. That’s what I do, to make sure I get a good beer for sure, and maybe something even more interesting. If it works…scale up to the full 5 gl

BTW, my next batch is a plain ole’ Patersbeir.

Namaste!!!

No brewing for me instead spent the late afternoon bottling my Caribou Slobber Round 2. Took a taste and definitely seems to be better than my failed 1st batch. FG did come out a little higher than I expected at 1.016 after 4 weeks, think it was supposed to be closer to 1.013. Probably should have taken a reading at about 2 weeks and decided if I wanted to warm it up or swirl it a bit.

[quote=“DrGonzo”]
BTW, my next batch is a plain ole’ Patersbeir.[/quote]
…Or as I like to call it, “yeast starter for a tripel”

Super Brew Sunday is coming up this weekend. Two all grain batches a lager for me and hoppy IPA for my son in law. The forecast is for sunny and 30 degrees! Nice way to spend the morning before watching the superbowl!

[quote=“JMcK”][quote=“DrGonzo”]
BTW, my next batch is a plain ole’ Patersbeir.[/quote]
…Or as I like to call it, “yeast starter for a tripel”[/quote]

Ok…you caught me!!!

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com