Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Stupid kegging tricks

I tried to dry hop with a two 1/2" 316 stainless balls, a nylon hop bag, and a half hitch over the keg gasket. I had just replaced the gasket on said keg when I decided to try this.

That’s $3.00 I’ll never get back.

Not sure what you mean by this.

I suggest dumping the workarounds and get a purpose-built product that will last a very long time: http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Dry-Hopper_p_155.html

Personally I have a keg dedicated to dry hopping. I rack from the fermentation vessel (Better
Bottle) into said keg, which has hops waiting for a beer bath. After a week I push the beer into a clean keg, leaving the hops behind thanks to a stainless braid over the intake end of the liquid dip tube. Works great.

I use whole hops for dry hopping, but will probably buy the above referenced device soon since I have a pound of Galaxy pellets heading my way.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/pr ... 20infusion

This item has worked well for a friend.

I just $.99 panty hose.

I just ordered one of these and will report back after I’ve had a chance to use it in probably a month or so. I’ve ordered several products from Stainless Brewing. Great products. He even custom made a stainless hop spider basket for me to use in the boil.

After chugging through Stan’s book on Hops, I’ve become obsessed with ways to (cheaply) submerge the hop flowers. I thought some heavy balls and a quick hitch around the large gasket would do the trick – they did but left damage. The Stainless sleeves are awesome, in the sense that I could drop a weighted nylon bag down and just pull it out later. I tinkered today with some ultra powerful magnets, but I’m worried about losing one and the fishing expedition it would cause.

I now truly understand the allure of the Torpedo-style dry hopping circulation tank.

I’ve been thinking of attaching a ring or maybe some sort of hook or carabiner to the lids of my kegs with food grade adhesive.

I’ve been using a nylon hop sack with a string closure, looping it through a hose clamp and clamping it to the pressure relief valve on the inside of the keg lid. Seems to work well. Those hop strainers listed above look pretty neat though.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com