Stuck faucet

Now that I am running home brew on my tap system, I find my tap faucet stuck pretty often. I guess that’s due to the sugars in the beer. It takes some effort to get it un-stuck. I can’t drink beer on the days I work 6pm-6am because of drug and alcohol testing. So sometimes I may not use the tap system for days at a time. My faucet is just a plain old faucet that came with the machine. Any suggestions?
thanks
Brad

It may help, try spraying the spout with some water or a sanitize when you are done drinking.

Aside from getting a forward seal, you can take it apart, clean, then put a thin layer of keg lube on any moving parts.

Someone posted a picture of a stuck faucet that they forced. Snapped the stem off. :oops:

[quote=“mrv”]Aside from getting a forward seal, you can take it apart, clean, then put a thin layer of keg lube on any moving parts.

Someone posted a picture of a stuck faucet that they forced. Snapped the stem off. :oops: [/quote]

I can see that happening. My whole tower flexes around the base when I am trying to free the faucet. I have to be careful. I will take the faucet apart , clean and lube up the seal. I wasn’t sure if a different type of faucet would help. I never heard of a forward seal, I’ll have to look into that. I guess they are better?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/us-f ... -seal.html

Here is the forward seal faucets.

Edit:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/the- ... steel.html

This is the standard forward seal. The above has a “flow control”.

I was just checking out the Perl facuets on our host’s web. The wife gave me a NB gift card for xmas, Maybe I should put it to good use. :smiley:

Buy some Perlicks and never look back.

I have 4 of the Perlick Perl faucets, and they’re awesome. They were cheap too, I think $30?

I also own four Perlick perl faucets. I have had one stuck faucet in 2 years of use.

Well, I guess a Waldo Lake all grain kit and a Perlick faucet will be on the way soon! :smiley: tough decision, I was planning on getting a Brew,Share,Enjoy tap handle, but I think the faucet will win out.