Strain Advice

So I bought Zombie Frost back when it was on sale and then bought ingredients for BVIP and Nugget Nectar clone as well as Festivus Miracle from our hosts back before Christmas. Unfortunately, when I brewed up Festivus, I wasn’t paying enough attention and used the Omega 016 instead of the Wyeast Whitbread. Festivus came out great and I’m currently enjoying it. Looking for opinions on if I should just use the Whitbread on the Zombie or if I should get another pack of 016 on order?

:beers:
Rad

I have brewed with both brands, though not these specific strains. The descriptors on each yeast seem similar. If it was just a matter of running down to my nearby LHBS, I would do that. If it involved shipping cost, or a brew-day push-back, to mail order a new yeast pack, I would use what I’ve got.

I’ve never used either but they’re just british ale yeasts so I’d interchange them with little worry.

1 Like

That was my gut instinct, but never hurts to ask for a second opinion, thanks. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I’m getting frustrated… Seems my window of opportunity to get liquid yeast to my door is quite small or unreliable… I know there’s ice packs… But that has been for the most part unreliable.
Our host has numerous liquid yeasts’, “sold out” and for a long time. Bummer.
I just went to fermentis site… I’m going start looking seriously at dry yeasts’. I wish they had better descriptors… namely what beer company it’s profile resembles…
If I could drive close, but not into the twin cities that would be great.
Yes, dry yeast is in my sights.
Sneezles61