Stout 8 months old

Botteling for. Chef at work. Stout abv 8% now i remember why i like kegging so much. Haha

1 Like

Lotsa work!

In deed. Me dont like botteling at all. Me had no empty bottle so buy 6 pack. Drink them. And cleaning removing label

I find it to be like any process in brewing. Learn to enjoy it for what it is. I know that might be hard to do, but since I don’t keg and don’t foresee it happening anytime soon (if at all), I enjoy the process. YMMV of course.

1 Like

I do both and don’t mind bottling not that big a deal. The biggest work is pealing a d cleaning new bottles. The thing is you don’t even have to do that. You can buy a few cases of bottles alot cheaper than a kegging set up. If you don’t like capping buy flip tops. Home brewers spend money on equipment all the time

3 Likes

For the winter I only have 2 kegs and no fridge/kegorator just a jockey box that needs constant attention being filled with ice and emptied of water. So I bought two cases (15 in each) of Coopers 740ml PET botttlles & caps (about 25oz or two bottles worth) I recruit the Mrs. to help and she drops two Domino Dots in each I fill it, then she screws on the cap and grabs the next one. Makes bottling much smoother. One down side is talking friends into rinsing them out and returning them.

In the summer I have a bunch of kegs, kegorator and a spare fridge to carb or just let them clear. No bottles ever get filled then except from the tap for a day outing. That shows how much I like to bottle.

1 Like

Not to lazy i know part of the fun hobby. Love to fill my growlers. But untfortnally. Some people never seem to return. So this time bottels