Storing Pelleted Hops?

If I only need part of a bag of hops in pellet form, can I store the remainder and use them on the next brew day? If so, what’s the best best storage method.

I’m working on a recipe for a 2 1/2 gal batch and planning on using only a half-ounce of finishing hops in addition to the bittering hops.

If I could store and use the rest of the finishing hops on a later batch, then a penny saved is a penny that can be used for the next grain bill.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you have a foodsaver they work great. If you don’t you are fine storing them in a ziploc bag with all their air removed in the freezer. There isnt really a timeline on how long they will last but as long as they dont smell rotten or “cheesy” they should be good to use.

On the off chance that you have a foodsaver they work extraordinary. On the off chance that you don’t you are fine putting away them in a ziploc sack with all their air evacuated in the cooler. There isn’t truly a timetable on to what extent they will keep going yet the length of they don’t smell spoiled or “mushy” they ought to respect utilization.