Storing a starter

Hey,

i’ve got a starter in a flask that i’ve cold crashed. It’s sitting in my fridge right now. Normally once i’m done with my sparge, i’ll withhold about a litre of wort, boil it seperately, cool it and then replace the DME spent wort with the beer wort, spin it on the plate for a few hours, and pitch it.

however, i won’t be brewing this beer for a few weeks. So i’d like to know: what’s the best way to store the yeast slurry in the starter? I’d like to get it out of the flask if possible.

thanks!

Storing it in canning jars in the fridge will work fine.

cool. should i store it with the spent wort?

bump. :slight_smile:

Your question was posted at 1:38. The previous post in the yeast board was 12:52. What are you bumping? You thread is on top. :roll:

Store it with the beer (spent wort).

You can leave it in the flask. Wrap the top with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and a rubber band.

Or pour it in a mason jar. Again, aluminum foil or plastic wrap is fine. If you put the lid on, don’t tighten the band down. Some fermentation could occur and break the jar.

Yep, just store it under beer.

thanks. the bump was because i’m heading out of town tomorrow and anxious to get it sorted. :confused:

thanks for the help guys.

bumping a post is when you need to move a post from the bottom of the page (or on page two) back to the top.

Your post was on the top. You can’t bump something on top of itself.

“bumping” it did nothing. :roll:

[quote=“Nighthawk”]bumping a post is when you need to move a post from the bottom of the page (or on page two) back to the top.

Your post was on the top. You can’t bump something on top of itself.

“bumping” it did nothing. :roll: [/quote]

LOL, logic…so out of place on a beer forum. :wink:

:cheers: