Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Storage of bottles

What is the best way to store accumulating stock, a fridge or a chest freezer, and how easy is it to adjust the temp for the freezer. What is the optimal temp to store stouts and ales. Learning all the time :slight_smile: thanks

I’ve typically stored my bottled beer at 66 F and put it in the fridge a couple hours before serving.
Seems to have no negative affect on the quality of the beer.

Store homebrew in the same way you would commercial beer. Obviously if you can keep everything refrigerated, you’ll get better shelf life assuming you are using crowns and not corks. Refrigerating everything is not practical for most people, though. Store your beer in a dark place and at a reasonably cool, consistent temp.

You mean there are home brewers out there who don’t buy extra fridges and freezers as their stash increases? :wink:

[quote=“Rookie L A”]

You mean there are home brewers out there who don’t buy extra fridges and freezers as their stash increases? :wink: [/quote]

Only those of us living in apartments :’(

I am lucky, I had a friend give me a beverage cooler, it holds 147 bottles of beer. The rest of my inventory I keep in my fermentation fridge at 65 degrees.

If you go with a chest freezer you have to buy an external thermostat for it to prevent it from freezing. Either fridge or freezer, you could convert it to a kegerator and STILL store bottles in it… :wink:

Thanks for the info…looks like a fridge is in order

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com