Stockpile: German fest 2012

So my girlfriend’s family is visiting in March this year and I’ve got to stockpile the homebrew for their visit. Here’s a pic of what we have so far…250 beers, 8 varieties.

Porter
Rye stout
Schwarzbier
Honey kölsch
Innkeeper
Dead Ringer
Bav. Hefeweizen
Waldo Lake Amber

We have 3 more varieties we’re trying to finish by their visit; Wheaten Beatdown, German Alt and a IIPA.

Think we’ll be ready?
:cheers:

That looks awesome. Way to impress the relatives.

[quote=“mvsawyer”]So my girlfriend’s family is visiting in March this year and I’ve got to stockpile the homebrew for their visit. Here’s a pic of what we have so far…250 beers, 8 varieties.

Porter
Rye stout
Schwarzbier
Honey kölsch
Innkeeper
Dead Ringer
Bav. Hefeweizen
Waldo Lake Amber

We have 3 more varieties we’re trying to finish by their visit; Wheaten Beatdown, German Alt and a IIPA.

Think we’ll be ready?
:cheers: [/quote]

Michael,
I’ll be over this weekend to do a proper “inspection”. PS. set up a cot for me as I probably won’t be able to drive, nor walk, home post inspection

cheers.

bob

The Germans drink a lot… but that collection is impressive.

Nice, dude. It’s nice to have a variety on hand, of which I do not…

You nervous at all about the Bav. Hefeweizen? I know I would be. I know I’m also super critical of my own creations, whatever it may be (design, food, beer, etc)

You don’t have hands? How do you get the beer to your mouth? :twisted:

@Bob: LOL It’s hard not to inspect these myself! I try to leave most of them out of the fridge so I don’t drink them. :smiley:

Either she’s got a big family or small family with a big beer appetite. Nice collection.

This is our most recent creation and we’ve sampled it’s integrity. It’ll pass the German palate test!

:cheers:

Five are visiting for 10 days. Plus the two of us. Also, I gotta drink something for the next 2 months.

So I guess that means: Grossen bier appetit!

4 German dudes on vacation = a very large beer appetite.

@Bob, we do have to get together sometime soon and get the “sampling” on :slight_smile:

I wish I were related to you! Eine grosse bier bitte. Don’t know if that’s spelled correctly, but it’s all the German I (need to) know…

True, all you need to know, you just have to remember how to say it after you have already had a few, so they can keep flowing :wink:
It will be a blast, I am very much looking forward to our Spring time 10 day Oktoberfest :smiley:

That picture brought a tear to my eye! F’n awesome is all I can say. Are those dots all handwritten? I need to get some of those to keep everything straight once I get some bottles rolling in.

Yes they are. I hand write the name of the beer, the bottling date and the ABV on each and every one. If I didn’t we’d have total chaos!! Luckily I LOVE making those :slight_smile:

[quote=“BierQueen”]4 German dudes on vacation = a very large beer appetite.

@Bob, we do have to get together sometime soon and get the “sampling” on :slight_smile: [/quote]

kat,

like I said, I’ll be over this weekend. :mrgreen:

cheers

Lets make it next. We are super busy this weekend!! We’ll probably be bottling and brewing next weekend anyways. Lets talk about it this coming week :slight_smile:

I know you already told us where you live,
but I misplaced the paper that I wrote it on.
Could you tell us again??

Do they know she’s dating a lush? Lol…J/k…

If you have extra I will send my address !

kat,

you got PM. And I’d be happy to help with bottling/brewing next weekend. Just let me know.

cheers,

bob