We’re in the final design stages of our new 1/2 bbl brewery and I wanted to post up some pics/data to solicit reactions from the masses before we “break ground”.
It’s a pretty standard HERMS system, here are the data points:
- 20gal HLT, 20gal MLT and a 30gal Kettle
- Electric Kettle and HLT (5500w elements ea)
- All wood construction (conditioned, stained and sealed)
- Misc storage under Kettle
- “Clean in place”
- 100% SS
- Fluid transfer done via single March 815-PL
- Plate chilled
- MLT “trolley” rolls away when not in use to keep overall size compact
- Cork deck/trolley insulation
- HLT agitation undecided
So that’s about it, I’d love to hear any questions or comments on the design. I’ve been staring at it for days now and would love some outside perspective.