Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Static Cling Bottle Labels

Just wondering if anyone has tried these types of labels. I saw a couple sites review them and said the were decent quality and held onto the bottles even with use. Thought I’d see if anyone here has tried them. Two sites that look promising are

and

. Evermine seems to charge per label and gives bulk discounts. But for both 60 labels seem to run about $30 on average. They also let you customize and create your own labels too.

I’ve used static cling window decals (or rather, my kids have). Unless the labels are make of much more durable material than the window decals, I’d be concerned that they wouldn’t hold up for more than a few uses, and that is a lot of money per label. But if you want to label every bottle, I can see the appeal of using something that is so simple to apply and remove.

A sharpie on the cap serves well enough for me.

I’ve never actually tried this, but I’ve heard you can print with standard paper, then use milk as a glue.

I’m not sure how well it holds or if it starts to smell; but that’s what I’ve heard.

I use a sharpie on my caps also. I have no need to make labels for what I bottle. I mostly keg having eight 5 gallon kegs don’t really bottle much. I mark them with a price of masking tape and type of beer with sharpie

Yeah I will probably go the mark the cap method myself, was thinking they would be cool if you take your brew on the road, give it a better look than the plain brown bottle :smiley:

Office depot sells blank white stick on labels that you can print anything on them with your home printer. Would be another option for you if you want to design your own label on your computer.

[quote=“JMcK”]A sharpie on the cap serves well enough for me.

I’ve never actually tried this, but I’ve heard you can print with standard paper, then use milk as a glue.

I’m not sure how well it holds or if it starts to smell; but that’s what I’ve heard.[/quote]

+1 to the milk concept. I’ve done this several times when I lableled beers and it works awesome. I use a laser jet printer and fat free milk. I’ve since outgrowned the labeling and just mark the caps whenever I do bottle now.

I’ve tried the milk method, and find it doesn’t stick well enough. But glue stick on normal printer paper works great and still comes off easy with a short soak.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com