Starting to plan for an ocktober fest lager

Cā€™mon you two, Ill duct tape you together until you give each other a big hug!!:sweat_smile: I do use the gelatin alot. I donā€™t get any taste, or hoof and mouth diseaseā€¦ I think you do make a good point Dannyboy, Why use it when your lageringā€¦ Another time saverā€¦ Sneezles61

1 Like

I see your point. We were doing some work on a milking parlor a few years ago and i havenā€™t drank any milk since. They are disgusting animals

2 Likes

Gelatin Generally, it is made from animal bones and collagen, the most common source being pig skin. Not always cow feet.To produce gelatin, butchered and cleaned pigskins are soaked for several days in cold acid. This procedure breaks down the skinā€™s connective tissue (collagen) into smaller strands (gelatin). Hot water is then used to dissolve and extract the gelatin. This is repeated, with each extraction requiring hotter water, until all the usable gelatin has been removed. This process determines the quality of the gelatin: the best comes from the first extraction which yields the clearest and lightest color. Just a fun fact

4 Likes

Thats why I didnā€™t get hoof and mouth diseaseā€¦ Now I understand why football is my favorite sport thoā€¦ Sneezles61

All this from people who drink a liquid infused with yeast farts. Go figure

2 Likes