Starsan and tubing

Looking for some advice. I was cleaning up after a transfer day of a lager and a cherry mead. I accidentally left the racking cane, and the bottle bucket tubing in the solution for more than 48hrs. Once I realized I quickly dumped the solution and realized there was a white slimy film on the outside of the tubing. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so is it safe to use tge tubing after a second proper cleaning?

Other info:
-solution was in an aluminum pot
-solution did have a small amount of the tart cherry mead in it not sure if that could have changed ph

Star San does that… Wipe it off good and rinse well… Hope its a lesson learned? :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

1 Like

I found the same thing with vinyl tubing and it didn’t take that long. I asked Five Star chemical about it but never got an answer. Now when I dunk tubing in it I don’t leave it long and even though you aren’t supposed to need to I rinse it.

1 Like

If you switch to silicone tubing, which isn’t as clear, this doesn’t seem to happen. Maybe you just can’t see it.

I’ve gotten slimy silicone tubing too, albeit less than the vinyl tubing…
Sneezles61

Thanks guys, glad I am not the only one with this issue. Also would you say it’s all safe to keep using once properly cleaned.

1 Like

yes
Sneezles61