St. Paul Porter

I just did my first all grain brew on Sunday. I made the NB St. Paul Porter kit. I substituted Wyeast 1028 London Ale for whatever came with the kit (it was out of stock apparently). I also added a half pound of chocolate malt. I did a M/BIAB and finished with an OG of 1060. I did not make a starter. I also used the NB aeration system before pitching. Wort temp was a little over 70 F and the carboy is sitting in my basement at a steady 67 F.

Fermentation started slowly, but after about 12 hours it was clicking right along. Now, Tuesday, fermentation appears to have all but stopped. Did I do something wrong? Is this normal? If not, is there a fix?

are you sure your airlock isn’t clogged?

i would say you did under pitch if you only added one pack to a 1.060 beer. i understand that the wyeast pack says it’s good to go up to a 1.060 wort, but it is not optimal.

don’t put too much stock in watching your airlock. take a gravity ready. then take one 24 hours later.

[quote=“rbclay”]are you sure your airlock isn’t clogged?

i would say you did under pitch if you only added one pack to a 1.060 beer. i understand that the wyeast pack says it’s good to go up to a 1.060 wort, but it is not optimal.

don’t put too much stock in watching your airlock. take a gravity ready. then take one 24 hours later.[/quote]

I’ve got some dry yeast packets. Should I pitch those? Airlock is clear.

what are your gravity readings?

don’t do anything until you check the gravity…

Relax. Leave the beer alone for 2+ weeks then checks the gravity. It will be fine.