Some bottles not rinsing well

Exactly, save 2hrs and keg a batch. Bottle the other 3. Enjoy those 2hrs drinking your brew.

1 Like

From bottles not rinsing, the steak, back to bottles, and then to kegging. Impressive wandering. Now I am both thirsty and hungry. :slight_smile: I’ve had good luck rinsing the bottle right after pouring, then letting it sit a few hours to overnight with just an inch or two of plain water in the bottom. After softening that way, a bit of shaking generally breaks things loose for me. Never had one a bottle blaster couldn’t clean… yet!

Flars, you inspired me, currently enjoying one of my Plinian Legacy’s while grilling delmonico from the local butcher trying out the reverse searing method.

Back to the bottles discussion, did you buy them or de-label pre-filled bottles? The only bottles I’ve ever purchased unfilled were fliptops. My SOP is triple rinse in the kitchen faucet then store upside down in old six pack holders in empty beer cases. If I still see sediment stuck after that rinse, they get delegated to the recycling bin and not de-labeled. I only bottle beers I plan to age because I keg everything else. I’ve got just over 100 delabelled bottles I use.

:beers:
Rad

Almost all my bottles were previously filled. The only new bottles ever purchased were 22 ounce bombers when all I had on hand were the old German pints.

I found a 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon in the cupboard. Would this be a suitable substitute for an IPA with the next steak?

Just an aside. My wife won’t eat steak anymore even though she bought the rib eyes for me. She said that on the farm steak would often be served for breakfast, lunch , and supper. She won’t eat steak anymore.